Thursday, January 3, 2008

journal your christmas


Tomorrow we go back to the hustle and bustle and the old routine. The kids will go back to school, Dan back to work, and me and Binnie will go back to cleaning the house, reading books and having tea parties. So today I am going to reflect on our Christmas vacation. The best part of the vacation was definitely having dad home! Dad was home from 5pm on the 21st of December until early this morning… so our whole entire family was together for a full two weeks! This has never happened before – never! How nice to just spend two weeks together! Without any place to go or anything that we “had” to do! I loved this time and I will treasure it always! Something else I really enjoyed was listening to my kids GETTING ALONG! Now, there was plenty of fighting and arguing over the Christmas break – but there was also some incredible moments of peacefulness and bliss… where I would be in the other room and I would hear Daniel actually talking to Mason and the two of them getting along and playing together, or when Arden was actually having a discussion with Daniel – or how about all the times we found Sam and Brynn together in the shower goofing off! What a great time!! I will always cherish this Christmas! The Christmas of 2007.

No comments: